« Home | Work Blows » | Watch Out For the Herpes » | Temporary Freedom » | I Swear That I Got Those Crabs From The Toilet Sea... » | My Head Hurts » | Gross Claim » | Jackass » | School is almost done.... » | Viva La Mexico » | Scam » 

Saturday, August 19, 2006 

Time for an update

I have not been making my blog rounds lately, so I figure it is about time to catch up. Where to start... I guess I should say a few things about my trip up north. I stayed drunk the whole time and I got struck by lightening, but I will get to that later. This might get a little long, because I have to talk about last night at Coconutz as well....

Chicago is awesome. I was expecting it to be like most huge cities that I have been to, dirty and nasty like Philadelphia, Dallas, or Houston. Not only was Chicago huge, it was clean. I love the way people drive there... Instead of waiting for an opening, like if you are pulling out of a parking lot onto the street, you just go and make your own opening. You practically just drive out into traffic and make them stop. I wish I would have known about the price of cigarettes though... For a pack of Marlboro Lights it was 7.61. I bought a carton here before I left for 28.99, it would have cost me 82.00 there. I say that I would have liked to have known, because I would have brought at least five cartons with me to sell. Anyway, We stayed in downtown Chicago for two days, before driving over to Michigan to visit with more family. The first night we stayed in a suite at the Marriot, which was 800.00 for the night. The second night we stayed at the Renaissance, which is also a Marriot branch. That was 1,150.00 for the night, and it was not even the biggest suite that they had there. Neither one of these hotels cost me a dime. What else..... Everyone in Chicago was bitching non-stop about the heat.... Apparently they never make it down south. I mean it was pretty humid, but come on, don't be such pussies.

We ate at several places in downtown Chicago. I had a wide variety of different foods. I had duck and baby octopus for the first time. I did not care much for the duck and the baby octopus was tough, not tender like squid, but it was good. I don't care if you eat it here in Texas or in Chicago... snails taste like shit no matter where you try it at. Throwing them in garlic butter and giving it a french name like escargot does not change that fact. I tried to eat some pizza from Chicago, which everyone has recommended, but I just did not get around to it. Oh well.

My whole purpose for going to Chicago was to see the King Tutankhamun exhibit. It was well worth it... Im not going to bore everyone with details, so I will just say that it was awesome. I also got to see the lions of Tsavo. The lions that were the basis for the movie The Ghost and the Darkness. They killed around 180 people. They looked like big pussies to me, I think I could have knocked them out with one punch...

After we were done in Chicago, we drove about an hour and a half to make it to southern Michigan. Not only was I staying drunk in Chicago, but then we make it to Michigan, and I discover that there are wineries all over the place... Oh boy. Every day we went to atleast two wineries and did wine tasting... I bought so much wine that we had to buy a new suitcase just to carry our wine home. We stayed with my uncle in his huge house out in the country. One of things I used to love about visiting up there, which I totally forgot about, is the fact that there are lightening bugs all over the place. It was nice to drink glass after glass of wine and just watch the bugs light up in the fields.

So about getting struck by lightening.... You know how here in Texas we can get a very severe thunder and lightening storm... Very strong winds, and then it is usually gone over in half an hour. Well they had a pretty severe storm while I was in Michigan. Don't get me wrong, we have worse ones here in the panhandle, but up there it lasted for hours on end. So I am standing outside on the front porch talking with my Uncle. It was pretty late at night, obviously we were drunker then Navy sailors in a Thai whorehouse. So we are standing there enjoying the view of the lightening and the deafening sound of the thunder, when all of a sudden there is a bright flash. All I could see was white, everywhere..... It knocked me off my feet and against the door. Everyone that was in the house came running out to check on us. Apparently lightening struck the house. It had knocked pictures off of the wall and all of the magnets off the fridge. Part of the house was filled with smoke, it smelled like fireworks. Technically, I was not hit by the lightening, but my hair was standing straight up from the electricity and I could not hear or feel my legs for atleast half an hour. It was very cool.

There are still plenty of things for me to talk about from my trip, but this is getting pretty long and I still have to mention the goings on of last night. So I went to see our supervisor Brent's band play at coconutz last night. It was Sam's birthday, so it was also my intention to get her drunk. My wife Amy and I met Sam up there, and low and behold she was sitting next to Yessica and Nga, which I found completely strange. Anyway, a few more of Amy's friends meet us there and everyone but me starts to get shit faced drunk. Towards the end of the night, after Sam had left, I look up just in time to see this huge gorilla looking man smash a full beer bottle on a guy's face. It looks cooler in person than it does in the movies.... So this guy that is a friend of my wife ran with me to break up the fight, because the bouncers were no where in sight. I have to be completely honest though, I realized as soon as I ran in between these two guys that I was more concerned about protecting my cigarette in my mouth than I was about stopping the fight. Anyway, one guy got one of them in a choke hold, and everyone seperated them tell the bouncers got there. The only reason I mention this is because what happened when we had a hold of them was hilarious... When the guy that was with me had one of the men in a choke hold, the woman that was the cause of this fight (you knew it had to be because of a woman) walked up and bitch slapped the guy and started slinging a string of profanities I have never heard. It was priceless. At the end of the night I went to pay my bar tab... Keep in mind that I had not one drop to drink... My tab was $106.... One last thing, I thought it noteworthy enough to mention here in my blog... Our supervisor Brent, straight up grabbed my wife's tit. She was talking to him and he just reached out and grabbed. Far be it from me to get in a tizzy because some one grabs my wife's tit... they were both shitfaced, I just thought it funny enough to bring up.

Thanks, wiseguy/Cole! For both comments. You're my new best friend.

Do you have a picture of yourself post-strike with the sticky up hair? I'm really jealous that that happened to you. Now you've really and truly had a near-death experience. You could be on tv with that tale.

And I'M freaked out because I checked my email two minutes after your second comment and got the notification that you had commented two minutes previous!

My power just went out... Okay, now it's back on again. That's random. It's not storming.

That lightening strike thing sounds like it was fun. I'm jealous that you had a great vacation. you suck.
I can't believe your boss just grabbed her tit... what did Amy do about it? She noticed right?

Post a Comment