« Home | Sex Offender » | Morning People Suck » | Homie » | Capital Punishment » | Update » | Bored at work » | Asian Cuisine » | Damn, I'm to opinionated. » | Obsession » | Addiction » 

Saturday, January 14, 2006 

Various Stuff

I have been asking Sam and Niki what I should write about today, since I am totally clueless. Neither of them have any useful ideas (thanks for nothing). So I might just start rambling about various shit. I have spent most of the morning trying to find the orgin of the word fuck. Apparently nobody knows. There seems to be three main opinions, but no one can pick one with an absolute certainty. No, it is not usual for me to start looking up origins for swear words, but I was arguing with some people on a message board, who believe that today's swear words have not been around very long. More specifically, we were discussing the show Deadwood. I did without a doubt, win the argument, but it perturbs me that I cannot find the origin of fuck.


There are many things that I want to do this year. Things that are not important like my school, but things that would be fun. My wife and I are planning on getting scuba certified so we can go scuba diving where we want and when we want to. My mother was talking about the family going to spain for a few weeks, that would be cool to scuba dive off the coast of spain... April and Dustin, you need to get certified with us, so we can take a road trip this summer. I have a friend who is a scuba dive master, who goes every summer to hawaii to dive. This friend is also a sky diving fanatic. He owns his own parachutes and also has a powered parachute. I was planning on going sky diving with him not to long ago, but plans got changed. Im supposed to go with him this spring. Sky diving is something I have always wanted to do as well, though I will admit that the thought scares the shit out of me. I will do it though. My sky diving friends all tell me that it does not fell like your falling, but more like floating. I have never done it, but I would assume that having the earth come at you at 120 miles per hour would sure as hell leave an impression of falling. Another thing that I am planning on doing, but more than likely won't, is going to chicago this summer to see the king tutankhamun exhibit (thats right, Im a major history nerd, love the stuff). It is going back to egypt after the tour in chicago, and more than likely will not return to america in my lifetime. It would probably be a virtually free trip for me, other than plane tickets and car rental. I could get a free suite at the marriot, or stay with a filthy rich uncle that lives there, though a year ago was the first time I saw him in the last ten years. I do not know if I will make it to the exhibit due to all the school im taking. After I find out what all Im allowed to take during the summer in school, is when I will make my decision on whether or not to go. Well, Im done for now, I might come back later and add more stuff tonight since im working 13 hours today (I swear jr, if you do pass that test and become a cop, you better not give me a ticket for a faulty headlight or some bullshit thing like that).

Scuba? I'll run it by Dustin. I know a woman who went on got hers on a whim and really loves scuba-ing. She went to "the blue hole" and said it was incredible. I agree with the stories of codey anglin, I thnk your perspective of the whole event is pretty damn funny too.

Oh, and I've been trying to call ya'll for DAYS! Did you loose your phone again? I need that paperwork from Amy as soon as she can get it written. Thanks!

hey wait a sec, you think I bought that car because of YOU? I'm sure your joking.

who the hell is king tutankhamun? I've never heard of him.

I'd LOVE to be on the ground waiting for you to jump out of airplane. I think it'd be hilarious.

I can't believe you don't know ANYONE who works for a commercial airline that could hook you up with free airline tickets.

Is your filthy rich uncle married? Can you hook us up? I'm sure Javier won't mind.

cole, i know you're not running multiple blogs. why must you always assume my entries are about you? geez get over it. anyways...sure i'll go and have a drink with ya'll. as long as i'm not buying and no i wouldn't want tracy to come along. name the time, date, and place and i'll be there! but you probably gotta come get me cause my car's still not fixed! ahhaha

I don't know why it is you think that... I just stated that I have more than one blog, but one is just to post on xanga blogs... maybe that is why other people do....

when you gonna update this??

This Wikipedia entry is about the history of the word "fuck".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck

Post a Comment