« Home | living the life » | blah blah blah » 

Thursday, November 03, 2005 

i might convert

being an atheist, i get those annoying fucks that try to convert me and say that they will pray for me. one of the things that bothers me the most about this is that most of these so called christians have never even read the bible. why do people so adamantly claim to be a good christian when they know nothing about it. it is just so fucking irritating to me. just because your parents told you to believe in something since you were born does not mean you should just blindly believe in it. i will talk about the bible with some one and they will have no god damn clue what im saying. i could make stuff up and they would have no clue. don't get me wrong, i have many friends that are very well versed in the bible, and they are always great to have fun debates with. i went to church growing up. i have a sister who was a missionary just a year ago in mexico city, her husband is an ordained minister. so some people do have the right to claim being a christian. but all these people who are christian just because the have always been told to be one, its sad. its so fucking pathetic that I, as an atheist, make a much better christian than most christians. so if your a typical christian, and by typical i mean not educated in your religion, quit fucking telling people of other beliefs that they are going to your hell. same for some atheist. i do not like to discuss religion, and for the most part i keep my comments to myself and usually do not volunteer, without being asked, my beliefs, or lack thereof. but for the most part when i am speaking with another atheist, they are generally pissed about christianity. so they are no different then christians as in the fact that they get so pissed off at other people for having the audacity to believe in something different. so fuck uneducated christians, and fuck atheists too. i had to rant about this due to someone telling me they would pray for me, i know she is just kidding with me so i am not mad, but it made me think about the people who say it to me all the time that are not kidding. on another note. i might convert to mormonism. now i respect other peoples beliefs, but given the oppurtunity i will always berate the catholic and mormon religions in private. i have friends of both religions and would never let them know how i feel about their beliefs, and i will not discuss my disdain for those two religions here now. but with all the news lately of mormons of extreme sects still left in utah being arrested for polygamy... makes me think... i might convert just so i could have several wives. think about, more income, more sex, more cooks and maid service. the blowjobs alone, oh my god, i could have a wife on each nut. im not really a chauvinest, but still it would be nice. on the other hand, there might be more bitching and i could do with out that.

I agree with you...I can't stand it when people of ANY religion, or any belief, for that matter, try to shove their beliefs off on you...it's like they aren't happy believing it themselves, and they feel like the need to make you believe it too. I figure; believe what you want. It's YOU that you have to make happy, not me.
BTW you're going to hell. :)

I am sure that we are ALL wrong about some aspect of what will happen after death...this is what a lot of religion seems to be based on-what will happen after death.

I do think that it is in the world's best interest if people try to live in what is generally considered an ethical manner. There has to be some set of standards to prevent utter chaos. Besides, I think most people are happier when they are kind.

I am Christian but I am always torn on the whole "only our religion will go to heaven" thing. I think that there are many truly good people who may be an exception to that. I have nothing to base this on though...perhaps it is as some say that the disbnelief makes God angry.

I do think that there are some that would still go to heaven despite not being Christian...at one time there were cultures who never heard of Christianity. There had to be at least one good person among them.

These are just my thoughts.
:-)

I am curious...is your screen name a reference to the movie "In the Mouth of Madness"???

no just a screen name that i always used. and i never liked that movie...

Uhh... I was raised in the mainstream Mormon religion and I can relate to your anger. I would also like to bitch about those snub nosed holy rollers who look down their noses at everyone that isn't in their religion. In fact, MOST of the people that are regular church goers also seem to look down their noses at people who also attend church regularly, they will judge them on their clothing, their looks, how many children they have, their position in the church, anything that they can point a finger at to make themselves feel more holy. I have visited many churches, and the only place that I felt like people were there just to praise and learn more about the bible were a group of lesbians who had been chased out of nearly every church they ever went to. Now I would tell the holy rollers to go and fuck themselves everytime I see them if it wouldn't get them excited that they now have someone else to look down on. So when you say fuck the uneducated christians and fuck athists, I say "AMEN"! haha.

Post a Comment